Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wish I Was There

I know I'm a little late off the draw with this but as a former Windsorite I have to wish a hearty congratulations to the Windsor Spitfires on their back-to-back Memorial Cup wins (can you say DYNASTY?!) It's been a few years since I've been back to the Windsor area and this story makes me wish I was there for tomorrow's Canada Day parade (though I'm sure it will be a good show here in Fort McMurray).

The Stanley Cup and the Memorial Cup together for the first time in the same parade is pretty cool you have to admit. Plus, it wasn't won by Detroit for a nice change. (I have to admit I never really liked the team, plus, all the media coverage coming from across the Detroit River did little to endear me to them.) I also like that Chicago coach (and former Windsor Spitfire coach) Joel Quenneville is a Windsor boy and that he happens to share his surname with a certain lovely fiancee of mine.

0 comments: