Friday, January 22, 2010

Nunie Winners For 2009

The votes have all been tallied and Clare has announced the winners of the 2009 Nunie Awards. "Best Post 2009" goes to Newbie in the North, one of the new blogs to pop up this year, for her post "First Boating Trip". The post brings back pleasant memories of boating trips I took in Qikiqtarjuaq. I was fortunate enough to see a couple bowheads there (albeit from the shore) and I'm still kicking myself that I didn't have my camera with me that day. The history buff in me liked the mention of Pangnirtung's whaling past.

"Best New Blog 2009" went to The Arctic Post, a blog from one of Nunavut's smallest communities, Chesterfield Inlet. When I first began blogging it it seemed that most of the blogs were out of the Baffin region. It's nice to see how new blogs are popping up all over the territory now.

"Best Blog 2009" goes to Townie Bastard, blogging out of Iqaluit. This is the only blog on my sidebar, other than Clare's, that predates my own. I've seen a lot of blogs come and go over the last 4 years or so but not this one. A very deserving win.

I'd also like to take a moment and thank the people that voted for my blog. It suffered a little from the fact that I now reside in Nunavut in spirit rather than physically. Still I like to think I can pump out a good post or two every once in a while and I love how the Nunavut blogging community has blossomed, changed and grown over the past 4 years. A hearty congratulations go out to all winner and nominees. It is a honour indeed to be included in such company.

0 comments: