Sunday, December 13, 2009

Arctic Bay West Side Community Hall

It's pretty rare that I am able to do a current events update on Arctic Bay since I no longer reside there. Occasionally though, I luck out. During the last few months that I lived there, a new and much-needed community hall was under construction down the hill from my apartment. I am glad to hear news of its completion and only wish I could have been there to see the finished product in person. The facility fills a definite gap in local infrastructure. Recently, the building had its grand opening. The first three photos are courtesy of High Arctic MLA, Ron Elliott.

Here, Ron stands with the Inuujaq School grad (and former student of mine) who won the contest to name the new facility.







The two photos below are exterior shots from this past Spring when the building was still being constructed.



0 comments: