Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Thank You To The Anti-Seal Crowd

Generally, I savage the anti-sealing nut jobs on my blog. Given the length of time I've spent in the North, and in Nunavut in particular, this is no big shock. Having come home from work and read this story though, I have to say a big thank you to these morons. Thank you for helping bring the MP's folder to national attention. They really do make great gifts. And you help support Nunavut sealers and their growing economy as well. EU politicians really need to get off their high horses and get one. I might even start buying their (slightly inferior to Canadian) wine again as a goodwill gesture.

4 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

I've got one!

Anonymous said...

Do you know where in Nunavut you can find these? I couldn't find anything on the Canadian Sealers Association.

Thanks!

Way Way Up said...

A good question. Every sealskin product I've even owned has come through direct contact with the artisan when I lived in Nunavut. You might try contacting one of the community Co-ops such as the one in Pangnirtung. They might be of some assistance. I believe their number is 867-473-8936. You might also want to contact some of the Nunavut bloggers on my sidebar. They might be able to put you into contact with some artisans and would be in a much better position to assist you than I am currently. Good luck in your quest. Seal skin products such as the one mentioned in this news item are wonderful keepsakes, regardless of what the animal rights activists would have you believe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info - I'll try to track someone down at the local level!