Monday, July 27, 2009

Sarah MacLachlan Sucks

Well, I eluded to animal rights nuts in my last post and this article naturally got my blood boiling so I thought I'd have at it again. And yes, I realize this is old news but long-time readers and those who know me know that I take no prisoners on this issue. I really don't care how famous a person is or what organization they purport to represent. I recall back on Canada Day catching a short CBC interview with Sarah MacLachlan prior to her performing on Parliament Hill. MacLachlan sported a yellow t-shirt picturing the face of a baby seal. When the interviewer questioned her on it she responded by saying that she was wearing it to protest the seal hunt. According to her enlightened view, the hunt is cruel and barbaric and should be stopped.

Nice. So because some "famous person" says something shouldn't happen then that makes it so? Give me a break! What makes her think that she is anymore enlightened on the issue of the seal hunt than any of these other hippy protesters? So other than your feelings, Sarah, do you have any proof or facts to back up your stance? So you just demonstrated on tv that you have nothing of substance, that you appeal only to emotion. Hardly an original tactic. I'm very sorry to have to tell you this but in the natural world when something eats, something else has died. Pure and simple. And this includes plant life as well, not just animals.

As the interviewer pointed out just before asking her about her choice of t-shirt, MacLachlan hasn't put out an album in 6 years. I would respectfully suggest she focus on what she knows and avoid what she only thinks she knows about. Get back to me when you can formulate an argument that doesn't focus on a knee-jerk emotional reaction to a way of life important to Northerners.

Next.

4 comments:

Tara Muise said...

well said...

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

NOOOO!!! Don't make her come out with another album! Her music is horrible.


hmmmm... word verification is prego... anything you want to add Darcy? hehehe

Way Way Up said...

I LOVE spaghetti sauce....there I admit it!

Zoë said...

im a vegan but i dont expect for people up north to be vegans too, its not realistic in that sort of environment