Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Relinquishing The Title

I'm not quite sure who came up with the moniker but for the past couple years Arctic Bay has oft been referred to as the "Blog Capital of Nunavut" among the Nunavut blogging community. With Kendra leaving for Yukon and yours truly soon to be heading to Chard/Janvier in Alberta, this now leaves Clare as the last Arctic Bay blogger standing.

And so, we reluctantly relinquish our title. Ah, but we were a pretty potent triumvirate. But alas, all good things must come to an end. It appears the new "Blog Capital of Nunavut" is now Cape Dorset as there are at least six bloggers there according to the side bare of Matthew and Michele's blog. Still, part of me misses the title. I briefly considered challenging a Cape Dorset blogger to an arm wrestling contest in order to reclaim the title, Jen perhaps. But Dorset is at least 1200km south of here and my arm (long and gangly as it is) just doesn't reach that far. Sigh, I'd probably lose anyway. Badly.

6 comments:

jen said...

lol Darcy., especially because I'm rocking the MAD mommy muscles now. The rest of my body may be slow and flubby, but my arms would make G.I. Joe cry. lol

Morena said...

We are happy to take over the torch and I hope we do the title proud. As for the challenge however I'm quite the weakling, even with my mommy muscles. I'll leave the physical stuff to Jen. Let the chips fall where they may!

Morena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiggavik said...

To heck with passing the the torch. All the new incoming teachers in Arctic Bay will be required to keep a blog, I had it included in their contracts.

But, regardless, it will be hard to replace Way Way Up and Tales of the Arctic. Both you and Kendra will be missed, well really you'll both still be blogging, but you'll be missed here.

Way Way Up said...

LOL. Thanks Clare.

Matthew and Michele said...

Thanks for the shout out Darcy.

I never thought to make it manitory for the nurses and teachers to have a blog.

Good idea Clare!

:o)

PS: Wow. How bad was the comment post on this subject that it required removal? LOL.