Friday, July 10, 2009

Government Working Hard For You

One of my many tasks today, aside from packing like a maniac, was to pick up and then sort through the backlog of mail that had accumulated at the post office during my absence. Among the bills was a little gem from Nunavut Arctic College. (As I'm sure I've mentioned in previous posts, one of the places I applied to during my big job hunt was to Nunavut Arctic College for adult education positions in various communities.) The letter from them (which they had sent via registered mail) informed me that I was screened out for an interview for one particular community which will remain nameless. No big deal now since I already have employment lined up. I can't help but wonder though if a simple e-mail would have sufficed. It would have saved the College, and by extension the Government of Nunavut, the $8.04 it cost them to mail the letter to me.

0 comments: