Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Success!

So when I'm not griping about toilets, PETA or First Air, I like to do a little photography. I haven't done nearly as much lately as I would have liked but I'm hoping to make up for it with the free time I now find myself with. I planned a little jaunt over to Victor Bay this afternoon but found it just a tad too windy to make for an enjoyable outing.

One thing I've been trying to do is get a decent picture of a bird in flight. For the most part, though, I haven't always been that quick with getting the camera out of my pocket in time as they fly over. I swear they hover overhead just to tease me and then fly off as soon as they know I have my lens aimed at them. As a result, most of my shots tend to come out looking like this...



Last "night" though, the big breakthrough finally came. I was able to capture this gull, a glaucous gull I believe, in mid-flight. While it's nothing to write home about, this is the extent of my wildlife photography so I'll take it.

1 comments:

Matthew and Michele said...

It's a challange to get a good photo while the bird is in flight. It is rare that I get even a half decent one. Usally either the focus or the exposure is wrong.

But if it wasn't a challange then it wouldn't be fun.