Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reverse Culture Shock

So I left Nunavut a few days ago and now find myself in Brockville Ontario. As usual, I find myself readjusting to new surroundings but I've found it hasn't been as bad as I first thought. I cut the lawn yesterday for the first time in probably 6 or 7 years and only stalled the mower twice. (I also knocked over a lawn ornament and gave a rhubarb plant an unintended shave, but hey, at least I cut the lawn in straight lines for the most part.) While not reeking havoc on plant life or gawking at the low sale prices at Loblaw's I've also managed to fit in a couple interviews. I've also had a couple of offers in the past 24 hours which my girlfriend Lisa has just informed me is due to me being here in Brockville to see her and the kids.

I had to miss a special Kindergarten graduation ceremony yesterday in order to do an interview which I wasn't able to reschedule. I did get a call back from a superintendent about this position this morning. At the moment, it looks like I will accept the offer. I still have to resign from my teaching position in Arctic Bay so I won't reveal where the new position is quite yet. Call it my way of building suspense into my blog. But stay tuned as I will soon be free (internet connection willing) to reveal the identity of this secret location in the very new future.