Monday, June 01, 2009

Send Me To The Principal's Office

Since my summer plans, and indeed my professional career, are in a state of limbo at the moment, it was refreshing to get a certain phone call late this afternoon. I had sent off a resume just last night to a school out West and they were calling me back. If you're a follower of my blog you will know how interesting it can be on the phone calling across time zones. What made this call a little different from others I've received, other than its promptness, is that it is for a Principal's position. It wasn't an interview per se - more of a sizing up the candidate beforehand kind of thing. Interesting. I can't say that I expected to hear back from the place and I'm still reeling a bit in shock.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I'd love to get an interview. An administrative position has been a long-term goal of mine for some time now. However, if today's phone call is as far as it goes then I'm quite pleased with that. I'm flattered my humble resume was worthy of this man's time and I know Rome wasn't built in a day. I'll get there eventually.

But still, an interview would be rather sweet.

5 comments:

Ashley, Danielle & Benjamin said...

WOW, Congrats Darcy. We hope you get an interview!! Where is "out west" ???

dogsled_stacie said...

Good luck! Where is it!!?? :)

(I know you don't want to jinx it but I can't help but ask!)

Tina said...

NO!! Buffalo Narrows NEEDS you! :)

Way Way Up said...

Since I've spilled it to at least one other blogger, I will say that the mystery community is Atlin, BC.

And Tina, I'm expecting to hear a yay or nay from BN either tomorrow or Thursday.

Kimberlee said...

You are a brave soul, venturing into administration. But, I guess being a teacher makes one tough enough for anything. :)

Best of luck!