Thursday, April 16, 2009

Susan Boyle

I gave up on pop music loooong ago. Sure I still listen to it. It's hard to avoid radios, tv's and kids with ipods. But really, I don't go out of my way to hear it. Grief!!....(c)rap music.....hip hop (isn't that what fuzzy little bunnies do?) Truly, it makes my ears bleed. One of my biggest criticisms is that music is all show. Sure, I understand there is an aspect of showmanship to it but it just seems that somewhere along the way we went overboard and the pendulum has swung too far the other way. Seems to me its all about hair, make-up, celebrity gossip, bling....give me a break. How pathetic, how pathetically fake.

.......then I happened across a video from the British television show "Britain's Got Talent" and saw this unassuming but amazing little Scottish lady.

Now, I'm not a vocalist by training but ........HO-LY!

5 comments:

Ashley, Danielle & Benjamin said...

Yep, it is very amazing. The video has been all over the news here. Oh and I think you really do like hip hop music. I remember a certain fishing song..... nothing classical about it.

NouveauBlogger said...

Yes she was amazing and has been all over television down here.

As to the pop music comments I would respectfully disagree that its all show. I like what sounds good -- nothing else sways me. So if it sounds good on the radio, then to me, it can't be show.

Cheers.

Way Way Up said...

Ashley and Danielle - A certain fishing song huh? Do I detect an embarrassing incident from my recent past I've forgotten about?

Noveau Blogger - Touche. I can't argue that today's big stars aren't without at least some talent. I think what ruffles my feathers is the whole mass marketing thing. I really think it cheapens the art to an extent.

Bryan and Vikki said...

Even though we are out Back of Beyond we heard this women on the radio for a moment and I checked on the internet....I say her and said something like....she is as ugly as a pig. Bryan came upstairs and she started to sing. I had tears in my eyes and Bryan was close. I can't explain it. Good luck to her, she has made the world better in a few minutes.

Bonnieupnorth said...

Don't often follow the video postings but was quite moved by this lady..just hope she can keep the down to earth,church lady quality in any future endeavors.