Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Premier, A Minister and a Teacher

Sure the title sounds like the beginning of a bad joke but one of my goals during the dog races was to get a picture of me with some of the visiting VIP's. Our Premier, Eva Aariak, was in town along with Nunavut's new Education Minister, Louis Tapardjuk. I was hoping to get a good picture of them and even managed to fit myself into the shot as well. They were both very busy but very obliging when I asked if I could take get a photo taken. I can now boast that I've met both of Nunavut's Premiers and the current and former education minister. Our MLA was also in town for Nunavut Quest and I had hoped to get a picture of him as well but I wasn't able to locate him in the crowds. But I've known him pretty much since the first day I moved to Arctic Bay and see him fairly often so I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

2 comments:

That is the chicken said...

What can I say?! The paparrazi will be up north in force soon!
Very cool photo!

Way Way Up said...

Nothing screams "Here I am!" to paparrazi (or polar bears) like a red parka against a whie background!