Sunday, April 26, 2009

Little Boys and Broken Bones

My parents told me last summer they figured it would only be a matter of time before my little nephew Carson broke a bone or something of the sort before he reached school age. He's a very active kid - always on the move. Talking to my sister today, I learned that my parents' prophecy has come to fruition. Poor little guy. Apparently it was quite the nasty break too involving some surgery and a couple of screws.

Carson was standing on a wooden chest in the living room in front of the window imitating big brother Cole who was outside washing the window. When Cole moved to wash the far corner of the window, Carson, in the words of my sister,"tried to copy and down he went." The chest wasn't as long as the window. The break was bad enough to break his right humorous and 2/3 of the joint at the elbow. But he's a tough little guy. Last week's surgery went well and I don't think the screws will be in for very long.

Heal up quickly buddy. And steer clear of window washing for the time being!

2 comments:

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

Poor kid!! Guess that is the same stuff I will be seeing in the future.

Way Way Up said...

Hope not. Sounds like you've had enough stress that past few days. My nephews just have a crazy uncle, that's all :)