Monday, April 27, 2009

I Flew The North

Through random chance, I fumbled across a website promoting a new series on The History Channel. You can check it out here. One of the things about the North I've always enjoyed is the great stories, particularly relating to air travel. Come to think of it, I'm surprised I haven't written a few posts on some of the little adventures I've had over the years simply trying to get from Point A to Point B. I've frozen on a Twin Otter over Wood Buffalo National Park en route to Hay River, spent an hour crammed between two bulky pilots on a Cessna 172 somewhere over northern Alberta, almost lost my lunch on a very turbulent flight into Thompson, Manitoba and been delayed countless times. I decided to try my hand at it and submitted a show idea about a memorable flight delay in Iqaluit just a few years ago. Who knows if it will get picked up for an episode or not. Even if it doesn't it was still an experience I won't soon forget.

So, if you're feeling creative (and I know there are great stories out there flying around - excuse the horrible pun) check out the show's website for more information and tell your story.

0 comments: