Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ok....I'm Officially OCD Now

My latest order of Cd's has arrived - a complete edition of Mozart. I've only just begun to scratch the surface. I've heard pretty much everything that's been recorded but I know there are still a few small odds and ends I haven't heard yet. Usually when it comes to box sets I find you have to sacrifice quality for quantity. But I took a quick look through some of the orchestras and artists and things are looking promising so far...the Philharmonia Orchestra, English Chamber Orchestra, Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Mozarteum-Orchester Salzbug and the Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks (trying saying that five times fast) among others.



For some reason I had it in mind that it was a 127-CD box set. Also turns out that (predictably so when it comes to numbers), I was a bit off. The box actually contains 170 Cd's. Storage space is now becoming a bit of an issue. If my library hasn't hit the 1000 CD mark by now then I must be pretty close. If this keeps up, either my room mate or myself may soon be sleeping outside. Good thing the weather is getting milder.

4 comments:

Ferry Tales said...

I love Mozart! But how does this mean you have OCD?

Way Way Up said...

Can't.....stop.....collecting.....CD's......must.......have.....more......in......my.....collection......can't.......stop.....

Fawn said...

I remember eating chocolates from Germany with that same portrait of Mozart on the box. And in the same shade of red. I guess there aren't a lot of portraits of him. Mmmm, Mozart chocolates.

And I can TOTALLY say "Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Runkfunks" five times fast. But then, my name IS Fritzen. ;)

Way Way Up said...

There are only about 20 authentic portraits of Mozart in existence. This one has to be the most often used out of the 3-4 I've seen the most. This portrait was actually completed in 1819 after Mozart's death by an artist under the supervision of Mozart's sister. ....and I'm sure you've got me on the German. Mine is pretty rough around the edges, but good enough I suppose to prevent me from starvation when in Europe.