Friday, March 20, 2009

Impressive Stats

As I've been a little preoccupied lately thinking up ways to mock and torment the anti-seal hunting crew, I've neglected to keep up on my nephew's hockey progress. His team won their quarter final series against Clarington and then moved on to play Barrie, Ontario, a team I believe they also faced last year. All the games were close but Cole's team ended up dropping the series three games to one. While his season is at an end, he is still a busy lad. Try outs for next years AAA Bantam team are upcoming and my sister told me that he was also recently selected to take part in a pretty exclusive hockey clinic. Only 72 players from his age group from across Canada are invited to take part and only 10-12 goalies, of which Cole is one. If I recall he'll be working with the goalie coach from the Detroit Red Wings so it should be a fantastic and unique experience for him I'm sure. To close off, here my nephew's stats from the season that my sister passed along to me. Not included are the playoffs and one of the tournaments he played in but I post them here anyway for the sake of posterity and gloating.

Games Played - 23

Wins - 18

Losses - 3

Ties - 2

Shut Outs - 6

Goals Against - 39

Goals Against Average - 1.69

Saves - 334

Save % - .895

0 comments: