Friday, February 13, 2009

Counting Birds

A little project I participated in last year was the Great Backyard Bird Count. It runs February 13-16 and while my work will likely restrict my counting to the weekend, I am looking forward to getting out for it again this year. I learned a few things from last year so I'm hoping for even better results this year. I'll definitely see the Common Raven this year. That's like saying you went to the beach and saw water. They are well-adapted to our northern climate and are highly intelligent creatures. It's a long shot but I just might be able to see a different species this year. I'll find out soon enough.

I should add to that Clare has graciously offered to put all Nunavut participants into a draw for a hard cover bird guide. If I happen to win I will double the number of bird guides I currently hold in my personal library.

0 comments: