Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Wouldn't It Be Nice?"

The title popped into my head after a commercial advertising home insurance on television a few minutes ago. In many ways, it echoes a thought that has been floating around in my head over the past 48 hours or so. "Wouldn't it be nice" if the kid that popped me back in October actually got a real punishment instead of just "a whole lot of probation" as it was relayed to me the other day? What's the point of busting your hump when there are idiots out there that feel emboldened to do as they please to you because they know that in the end they will end up with little more than a legal version of being grounded? Thanks judge! You can fly back to Iqaluit and not ever have to put up with the kid again. Must be nice.

1 comments:

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

I can imagine you are very frustrated! That same situation is so common across the north.