Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Slow Return

Slowly, infinitesimally it seems, the daylight is returning. An orange tinge now appears on the horizon where shortly before there was only darkness. The first picture is a view from my classroom across Arctic Bay (the water...or rather frozen water) around 12:45pm this afternoon.


This picture shows King George mountain at the same time as the above picture. Due to my photographic limitations, this shot came out a little darker than it actually was outside at the time.

3 comments:

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

la la la 6 hours of sunlight over here everyday!! la la la

Bryan/Vikki said...

The sky gets light here at 9am and darkens at 5 now. Each day feels lighter. I would need alot of Christmas lights strung inside my windows.

Way Way Up said...

It does take some time to get used to it but I'll freely admit that even after 6 years its still a challenge for me at times.