Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Media Hog

Chances are, if you live in Nunavut or the Northwest Territories, you've seen this article before I have. It usually takes a couple days for the weekly edition to find its way up here from Iqaluit as was the case this week. For those of you looking at the guy in the big picture and thinking some crazed lunatic has escaped from the local asylum, set your minds at ease. This is part of the article that was printed in News North, following a telephone interview last week about blogging in Nunavut.



Just thought I'd pass this along to the folks back in Ontario.

**For the curious, I was eating seal meat. Kendra took this picture last August at a community gathering a short distance outside of the community.**

8 comments:

jen said...

Very Nice! Wish I had a copy to read, don't think any of the local convenience stores in Ontario carry News North though lol. Love the pic of you maowing down on some unidentifiable piece of meat!

Way Way Up said...

LOL....I should have mentioned it was seal meat but I wasn't sure how clearly the picture would turn out on the computer screen.

Good luck in the Nunies btw.

Kennie said...

Looks like I have a reason to go to the Northern tomorrow - gotta get me a copy to send down to the family! - and I wonder which other local asylum escapee took the picture :-)

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

Awesome article folks!! Too bad we don't get that paper over here. I read it online though.

And you should have said it was seal Darcy- you always need more hate mail!

Anonymous said...

Can you taste the mercury? Or is that just whale meat?

Kennie said...

Oh Kara, always wanting to egg on those anti-sealers. :-P

If you want Darcy, here's the link to the full article on line courtesy of Daron and Clare: http://nnsl.com/northern-news-services/stories/papers/jan12_09nun-arts.html

Off to make lunch now ...

Way Way Up said...

Kara, I did make the change and mention it was seal meat - just because I can :)

Anonymous - nothing but 100% pure seal meat. Great country food.

Thanks for the link Kendra!

Aida said...

great pic and good luck!