Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Tis The Season (to shut out the competition!)

Since I like to brag about my nephew, Cole, and the stellar hockey season he is having....I thought I'd do some more. His Triple-A Minor Bantam team (that would be the Quinte Devils) is atop their division with an impressive 17-4-4 record. I'm holding out hope I will be able to see a game this season. My sister filled me in tonight on some of his impressive stats when she called me earlier. In his 15 starts in goal Cole has a record of 11-2-2 and he's had shutouts in his last 2 games - only one goal allowed in his last 3 games. Apparently, my bad skating ability was not passed along to him. Last time I fancied myself a goalie, in any sport, I came up with a slight injury. The team is producing a magazine with all of its players and their stats so far during the season so I look forward to getting my hands on a copy. Get them while they're hot!

0 comments: