Friday, December 05, 2008

Phone Calls From Idiots

Given all that's been going on in the past few days with the psychological train wreck that is Paul Watson and the mess on Parliament Hill, I'm amazed doctors always tell me what low blood pressure I have. Isn't it typical that we elect politicians for a (usually) 4-year term and they sit and do nothing for me most of the time but now that there is a "crisis", they want me to do something for them? Spare me. Don't call me. Don't e-mail me. Grow up. Get over yourselves. I would have much more respect for politicians these days if they would simply for once.....for once.....be honest. Admit for once, that you are only out to look out for and serve yourselves rather than "ordinary" Canadians. THEN, fix the system. Politics is not about YOU. It is about working for the good of the country. Harper, Dion, Layton.....Canada just lost 3 more soldiers in Afghanistan. Do you even care? Or are you too busy counting seats, party donations and sending me unwanted correspondence?!

Political parties always remind me of unions. They just want my money. And they always put on a facade of wanting to help. You need to do a better job NOW...PERIOD! Or I will give you the same advice I'd love to give my own union. Get out of my way. Stay off my side. I can do it better myself.

Now, I've heard it suggested that Canada adopt either a proportional system of government or a consensus system. And while I have a few doubts about these alternatives, I must admit that anything would be a vast improvement over the joke we now have. What? You want me to vote for you? Recover from your cranial-rectal inversion and we'll talk. But don't call me. I'll call you.

0 comments: