Thursday, December 11, 2008

Old Photographs



I've always loved old photographs, particularly old black-and-whites. We have a lot of old and not so old photographs lying around the school and last week a large number of them were put up in the large display case in the main hallway. When I was younger I read a lot of books on the North and some would have old black-and-white photos similar to what I've seen in the display. It's really neat to see the originals. What wonderful treasures they are. I can even recognize a few people from town in some of these old photos. There was one person though I never would have recognized if a couple staff members hadn't pointed her out to me. I'm not sure exactly where the above photo was taken, whether here in the community or not, but the young girl at the bottom right is, according to my sources, Eva Aariak, our newly-elected Premier.