Friday, December 19, 2008

Clear Skies Ahead

Generally, there are only two times I pay close attention to the weather - if I'm going to be outdoors for an extended period of time (a rare occurrence during the dark season) or if I will be catching a flight in the near future. Other than that, I don't pay much mind to it. The majority of my day is spent inside and other than the walk to and from work, I can't really complain about the cold. So...tomorrow my flight leaves for Ottawa. For the first time in awhile, the weather forecast has called for a steady improvement in the weather conditions for flight day. When I first checked the forecast Monday, Saturday called for overcast skies with a 60% chance of flurries. A couple days later it was overcast with a 30% chance of flurries. And last night, it had changed to clear skies. What I'm used to seeing is the weather starting out questionable and then progressively getting worse leading up to flight day. Gotta love our ever changing weather (and the fact that "they" built Nanisivik Airport on the side of a mountain).

Anyhow, all this is to say that I will be out of town for a couple weeks and away from my blog. I've left a couple posts that will publish toward the end of the month to tide you over, just so you know I haven't entirely disappeared. Until then, adieu, and see you in the new year.

2 comments:

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

We'll keep our fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow.

Have a wonderful time over Christmas!!

jen said...

Good luck getting down! Ontario is getting rocked with some hard core storms. We just had one blow through that the papers were calling "snow-magedon" lol. I also hear Ottawa has a bus strike, so traffic is pretty crappy there as well. Good luck getting home, I'm praying for clear skies down here because I'm still waiting for Nathan to come south.