Monday, December 29, 2008

All That For Some Books and a Pair of Boots

I'll admit, I've done some crazy things in my life - climbed icebergs, gotten up close and personal with bears, held out hope of the Leafs winning Lord Stanley's Cup in my life time. I can now add Boxing Day madness in Belleville, Ontario to the list. It's not like I was specifically looking for bargains, though I was hoping to get a new pair of winter boots (my current ones were 4 years old, and 4 years in the arctic pretty much makes them senior citizens).

But my crackers, was the traffic not insane! The city is simply growing faster than the traffic infrastructure, and slippery leaps and bounds too. I find that I can only stand the crowds for so long. I'm sure there were several times more people crammed into the malls (or even just Future Shop by itself) there than live in Arctic Bay so it didn't take long for me to feel a tad claustrophobic. Aside from gawking at Ontarians insane driving habits and the prices on Macs at Future Shop, I still managed to get everything on my (very short) list, the aforementioned boots, a couple good books at Chapters and 3 big rubber totes in which to mail home all the Christmas loot I've picked up over the past couple weeks.

Three more days of rainy, soggy Ontario weather (aka December) before I fly home to Arctic Bay. At least the puddles give me a chance to test out the new boots. At the moment I am dealing with the slowest Internet connection known to mankind. Apparently, this is high speed, which is light years slower than my connection back home. Go figure. Anyhow, all this is to say that I hope this post publishes so I can vacate my parents' office and head off to a TV to cheer our Canadian Juniors on to victory this afternoon.

Taima.

1 comments:

Aida said...

very funny post..haha i am in winnipeg, trying to catch year end sale, though i think that will be less crazy than BD sale.