Sunday, November 09, 2008

Snazzy Duds

After a bit of anxious hand-wringing my soccer uniforms arrived at the school this past week. I had a quick unveiling meeting for the team Friday and of course everyone can't wait for the tournament now.



In the past I've had a few problems with uniforms disappearing from the school. Not all our sports teams are school teams but rather community teams. Unfortunately kids on community teams aren't always regular school attenders. I discovered this much to my annoyance, by freely giving out uniforms in the past only to have them disappear on me. Clearly, buying new uniforms every year isn't going to cut it so I decided to do things a bit differently this year by buying a set of uniforms out of pocket. This way I can claim them as my own and keep them safe and sound at home.



I love the goalie uniform. Out of all the goalie uniforms I've seen in the past few years, I have to say I like this one the best. It reminds me a little of the old-style Vancouver Canucks jerseys from the '80s. My goalie this year can be a bit of a character so I jokingly told him I ordered a bright-coloured uniform this year to help me keep an eye on him.



It will cost us a bit more this year to travel to Regionals this year (despite claims by Sport Nunavut to the contrary) but I decided not to let this stand in the way. Barring bad weather, we are going and that's all there is to it. I love these tournaments. They are a highlight of the first part of the school year for me and I can't wait to get down there.

0 comments: