Saturday, November 22, 2008

Canadian Blog Award Nominations

A little while back I mentioned the Canadian Blog Awards. Nominations are now closed and voting starts tomorrow. Now, I think there are some wonderful blogs out there, specifically Northern blogs. Unfortunately, due to our small population here it can be a challenge to make your vote count (see Canadian Federal Elections: Ontario decides). SO....in my own small way I'd like to highlight those northern blogs that picked up nominations to give them a bit more exposure.

(My apologies in advance if I've missed any nominees...there may be a few URL's I'm unfamiliar with and there are many nominees and I can only sit in front of a computer screen for so long)

Here goes...in no particular order...

Nominees for Best Blog

The House and Other Arctic Musings
Townie Bastard
Reflections in the Snow-Covered Hills

Best Blog Post

Levi Johnston's 2008 so far..." by Townie Bastard

Best Blog Post Series

Being David Hasselhoff Contest from Reflections in the Snow-Covered Hills

Best Cultural/Entertainment Blog

Townie Bastard

Best Family Blog

Dispatches From The Failed Mommies Club
The Adventures of Matt, Kara and Baby Hunter in Faro, Yukon
Just Below 63

Best Local Blog

The House and Other Arctic Musings
Tales From The Arctic
Way Way Up (blush)
Jen Of Nunavut
The Adventures of Matt, Kara and Baby Hunter in Faro, Yukon

Best Personal Blog

Dispatches From The Failed Mommies Club
Way Way Up (blush...again)
Jen Of Nunavut

Best Photo/Art Blog

The House and Other Arctic Musings
Kluganoch Corner
Inuvik Phil

Best Professional/Career Blog

Habeas Corpus Under Aurora Borealis
Tales From The Arctic

3 comments:

Tina said...

Sweet! You rock for posting this!

Ferry Tales said...

I <3 Northern blogs!

Megan said...

Choosing between them is too hard. I don't know if I'll be able to do it!