Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Back On Track

After the craziness that was last week I feel like the wheels are back on and I've turned a corner. I have plenty of things on the go at the moment to keep my attention. Not the least of which is that the soccer uniforms for my team should be here any day now. They actually might be sitting in the post office right now. I noticed a small mountain of parcels in the post office when I dropped by after work so I'm hoping the uniforms are in there somewhere. We have a little over 3 weeks until I take the team down to Iqaluit so I notice they are much more focused now. The goal is in sight. We had a good practice this afternoon against one of the older girls teams and it went well considering how little access we've had to the gym this fall with all the different events that were going on there at various times. Anyhow, this will be my 4th tournament. It will be a nice break and I always look forward to the competition.

Tonight (in about an hour from now actually) I have to head back down to the school gym to practice with the local army cadets for next week's Remembrance Day ceremony. I've been asked to play Last Post and Reveille. The past couple years I was down at sports tournaments so I've missed the ceremony. I'm looking forward to playing in it again. This is something I've done for a number of years since I was a teenager and its a privilege to play my small part in this very important day. I took my trumpet in to work with me this morning and grabbed a little bit of practice time during some spare time so hopefully I'm not too rusty.

Tomorrow is also parent-teacher interviews at the school and I really have to get off my backside and get my Christmas travel plans worked out. I am also slowly making my way through a great book on the Battle of Passchendaele at the moment as well as sifting through some seldom-heard music in my collection. So while the 24-hour "dark" season will be shortly upon us, I find myself with plenty to keep me focused.

1 comments:

Jackie S. Quire said...

I was at Passhendale 2 years ago.
So moving.