Thursday, October 30, 2008

Resolution

For the benefit of anyone wondering over the content of my last post, I can say that things are working out well. Thank you to all for your concern. Mom, you can sleep easy tonight. I'm perfectly fine and well. My face even looks more or less normal, or at least what passes for normal for me. I was into work this morning to type up a report of yesterday's events and fill out a few other forms. I have one last form to fill out at work tomorrow. (Ah the fun with forms! I must work for the government or something.) My love tapper was released this morning but with very strict conditions so I'll just leave it at that.

I plan to pay a short visit to the pysch. nurse tomorrow. Really just to debrief and pick up some advice I'm sure, not because I'm nuts. Hopefully, there won't be a next time but at least then I will know to duck a little faster. Given the same circumstances though, I know I would do the exact same thing. Perhaps I would try talking a bit more, but really by the time I arrived on the scene I really felt like I had no options but to act immediately. No one, and I mean no one, puts their hands on one of my students and goes merrily along with their day.

In a small, isolated community, news travels fast and can get twisted pretty easily so who knows what's been said so in the afternoon, I plan to spend a bit of time at the school during the Halloween activities, just so the younger students know I'm okay and they are not unsettled. At any rate, its nice to feel some closure. The wind has been kicking up a fuss all day. Our MP is now the federal health minister. I lost my hat. I have a great book to read that I borrowed from Clare. Life goes on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Big Brother

What a shitty week!!! Hope you are doing better - I can't begin to imagine what you have to deal with on a daily basis - makes me feel ashamed fro complaining about petty little things that happen here. Anyways take care & will talk to you soon
Luv your lil' sis

Megan said...

We are all thinking of you.

KOTN said...

Get well soon.

What I have learned about getting punched in the face is that it only hurts so much, and once you are accustomed to it... it can be managed.

Seriously, nice job stepping in where it was called for. Not every teacher would.

Kent

canadianinclogs said...

I hope you are feeling better and the bruising has gone down.

What book are you reading?

Since I've moved to NL and I'm not working (yet) I've averaged one book every 3 days.. :S dear lord I need to get a life! LOL!

Take care!

Way Way Up said...

Thanks Amber...the cold here actually makes it feel better. I'm like 95% back to normal...whatever that is.

Megan, thanks. Its been a weird week for sure. Yesterday a student told me I looked like Michael Jackson and I'm still chuckling over that one.

KOTN, actually you're right....this was my second whack to the head....it didn't hurt as much as the first one. Must be my thick head.

Canadianinclogs.....I'm slowly working my way through "They Called it Passschendaele", a book I borrowed off fellow blogger and and down-the-road neighbor, Clare from "Arctic House."