Saturday, September 06, 2008

Say What?

The number of visitors to my humble blog really tailed off over the summer. This is nothing new since I had the same thing happen to me last year. Evidently, my little political hissy fits weren't quite doing the job I thought they might of getting my visitor numbers back up to pre-summer levels. I check my stats occasionally (okay, at least 3-4 times a day) and I'm always amused at some of the words people plug into search engines that lead them to my blog.

Most queries are pretty predictable given that I've taught here in the arctic for awhile now - "teaching in Nunavut", "Nunavut teaching", "Nunavut schools" and "Inuit mythology" all show up frequently. For most of the past year "Jordin Tootoo girlfriend" was very popular. Tootoo visited town about a year and a half ago and I was surprised how much his name popped up as a search term though that seems to have died off over the summer. One of the strangest search queries I've had was "old ladies, young boys". (shudder) I'm not sure what those people have planned for their weekends but keep me out. The latest gem I've seen, courtesy of my recent trip to Hungary, was (and this will come as no surprise to regular readers) - "rooster testicle stew".

0 comments: