Thursday, September 18, 2008

Because 9 Years Just Isn't Long Enough

When I see things like this I often wonder what goes through the minds of the leaders of Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.......apparently not very much.

Someone ought to tell them that there are things called "amendments" that can be passed to change things if need be. NTI....you do realize there is a territorial election coming up right? And if Bill 21 is not passed then the new Legislature has to start work on the Bill all over again right? Please tell me you grasp this basic political concept because I doubt there are very many people here that want to see another 9 years go by before an Education Act is actually passed.

1 comments:

Megan said...

I don't know anything about this particular bill or the objections to it, but I can tell you that people will often raise concerns that are not actually the sort of thing you would fix through legislation. They are implementation issues that are very easy to deal with AFTER the bill is passed.

Try explaining that to a guy with a list of 77 complaints, though.