Wednesday, August 27, 2008

High Tech Humidifier

One of the greatest difficulties I have to deal with on a daily basis (but especially during the long winters) is the dry air. It plays havoc with breathing at times even though I'm far from being asthmatic. A couple years ago I bought a humidifier off a staff member who was leaving for the South to help me breathe a little easier at night. The humidifier did a good job but gave up the ghost back in late spring. When I was South to visit my parents, I picked up a brand new one and it arrived in the mail today.

For a humidifier, this thing is pretty spiffy. Unlike the last one, you can really see the mist it sprays into the air. And for some reason it has a night light. A night light? Are you kidding me? I'm not sure what purpose it serves but at least I know I won't wake up in the middle of the night with dry nasal passage and a tickle in my throat which is all I care about.



I'm not sure how many times tonight I've glanced over at it thinking that the house is on fire.

6 comments:

jen said...

OOOoooo, that's fancy! Do you find its working? I'm in the market for a new one. It looks like it should be on Ghostbusters housing some escaped souls!

Way Way Up said...

So far so good. My first thought was that I should stick a CD into it. Its kinda freaky/creepy to watch.....cheap tv entertainment I suppose.

jen said...

lol CD. What brand is it?

Way Way Up said...

I'm not 100% sure about that. The box ended up being used by my neighbour when she moved into a different unit the other day.

Kennie said...

Jen, it's a Germ Guardian Humidifier

Kennie said...

Specifically, it's this humidifier