Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Boxes Galore

Early this morning the first of our sealift ships arrived. For the first time in about 4 years I put in an order, which I had combined with my housemate's. I left work as soon as I could to see if I could find the crate down by the breakwater. Luckily this didn't take very long. A couple staff members were able to borrow a truck which we used to ferry a few colleagues' crates up to their units.

Once my housemate and I had all our boxes unloaded and into the livingroom I was a bit worried about whether we'd be able to find a home for everything we order in our tiny housing unit. Ordering everything I thought I needed seemed so straight forward back in the spring. As it turned out, after a couple hours of fretting moving stuff around, we got it all tucked away better than I expected. The entire exercise from unloading the crate to packing away the last box of stew took about 4 hours.

We actually had plenty more boxes than you see here piled up in the kitchen and our front entrance.


...and or course all this stuff needs a pretty big crate. My housemate stands beside it.




The only problem now is remembering where I put everything. But I suppose I have an entire year to figure it out.

5 comments:

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

I miss the barge orders coming in! So much excitement in the community; it was better than Christmas!

Way Way Up said...

Dang! That's the fastest comment I've ever got for a post. I was still working on some editing when you comment popped up.

The next ship we get in is the big one since it will have the Northern order on it, so I expect this place to be a hive of activity pretty soon.

This was my first order in 4 years I believe so it definitely feels like Christmas to me at the moment.

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

heheh I was procrastinating and stalking bloggers :)

Ashley, Danielle & Benjamin said...

WOW, I am so thankful that I don't have to meal plan for a whole year. I find planning weekly shopping trips annoying. You are crazy to liek it up there Darcy

Way Way Up said...

Its not quite as difficult once you get the hang of it. This is only my 2nd sealift but I've been able to talk to lots of people on how best to go about the whole exercise plus I have a pretty good idea of what I can consume in a year. If anything is left over I just consider it as having extra for the following year.

And yes, I might just be a little crazy, but I like to think of it as a good crazy of course! :)