Monday, June 09, 2008

Its Not Nice To Poke Fun At Mother Nature

Apparently, I made a little faux pas last night when I poked fun at the scary bit of fog we had. It actually wasn't that much since it slowly evaporated once it made its way down a certain altitude coming over the cliffs. Anyhow, we are now getting a mix of cloud, fog, snow, sleet and rain - a veritable cornucopia of weather elements folks. I remember looking at the online forecast with amazement last night and seeing Cape Dorset under a winter weather warning where 10-15cm of snow was called for. Of course at this latitude snow is not that unusual for the month of June.

Luckily for Cape Dorseters it apparently didn't happen. The system just decided to show up outside my front door. We may pick up a couple centimetres of the white stuff over night. Most certainly I expect to see some in the morning at the higher elevations. Now how exactly did Mother Nature know I was supposed to catch a flight down to Ottawa tomorrow? Sigh....Mother Nature is one cruel, cruel, woman.

4 comments:

Kiggavik said...

Hope the weather works out for you tomorrow Darcy, have a good summer in Europe.

Matthew & Michele said...

The walk to work was nasty in Cape Dorset this morning with blizzard like condition on the go. It has been snowing on and off all day here. We won’t be getting the 10-15cm that was called for. What has fallen doesn’t even show on the ground.

I have some photos on our blog of a fog bank that rolled in recently. Check it out. Nice blog.

Trudie said...

I do feel sorry for you - but check out the weather in my part of the world...

Kennie said...

Glad to see that you all made it out this morning! Have a great summer! With any luck, I"ll get out on Thursday ....