Monday, May 05, 2008

An Unexpected Phone Call

This morning I had a rather unexpected phone call that I took in my classroom. A phone call of opportunity. I had submitted a resume two or three weeks back for the music position at Inuksuk High School in Iqaluit. After a good week passed following the closing date for resumes without hearing anything, I passed it off as a good opportunity for practicing writing application letters and updating resumes and soldiered on. As it stands currently, the principal called apologizing for the delay and wanting to know if I was still interested in having an interview. Of course, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, come what may. Teaching music in Iqaluit for me is a real plum position. And I like to think I am up for the potential new challenge. Time will tell.


And so I find myself facing an interview time. Today. At 4pm. I'm taking time this afternoon to clear my thoughts (through blogging about it), making a few notes to prepare and a little time pacing anxiously and anxiously pacing.


Ok, Darcy, time to focus.


UPDATE - I had my interview after work. It was a few minutes late getting started as the office can be a pretty busy place at times. I think I did okay. I wouldn't say it was the best interview I've done but I suppose time will tell. The worst they can tell me is no.

7 comments:

UnkleB said...

Good Luck Darcy!
If it was meant to be then it will happen.
To get yourself ready if you get the position, head over to the local BlockBuster and rent School of Rock!

UnkleB

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

Ohhhh!!! Exciting stuff Darcy! Can't wait to hear more.

towniebastard said...

Good luck with it...

Anonymous said...

God Luck Darcy. Mom had told me you were applying and I knew I could get up dates on your blog - maybe we'll both have an employment change for 2008 - let me know what happens
Your Little Sister

Way Way Up said...

Thanks all.

c'est moi said...

Any exciting updates on this one Darcy? It sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Megan said...

Good luck! Keep us updated!