Sunday, May 25, 2008

My OCD Is Kicking In

I've been slightly distracted lately with the whole "off to Hungary" thing hence my lack of posts. I did start a post Friday night. (Something to do with how happy I was now that this season of Grey's Anatomy is over. But, I have a funny feeling I'd have gotten killed by my female co-workers had that little piece of writing seen the light of day.) All I remember is eating some excellent chip dip and following the rule of only talking during commercials. Since men are visual creatures, the green mute sign would flash on the screen during commercial breaks, clearly indicating to me I was allowed to speak so long as I did not, under any circumstances, denigrate the show.

I think my OCD is kicking in. I tend to focus on something and then......poof......it's a few days later and I'm left wondering where the time went. That pretty much sums up the last 2-3 days. I've spent too much time playing with Google Earth hammering out trip details. (Why did those guys have to build soo many castles? Many more than a poor social studies teacher could see if he lived 10 lifetimes. Ah, its all part of the adventure I suppose.) This trip has been in the planning stages for a year now, so forgive me if I get a tad obsessive at times. Just remain calm and it will pass. Honest. The trick for me is to figure out enough of what is out there so I can have a general idea of what I want to do but at the same time I don't want to over-plan and adhere slavishly to a schedule. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually strike the right balance. But I do hope to get back to my regular posts once my little Google Earth affliction passes. Just bear with me.

0 comments: