Friday, May 30, 2008

Lucky 13

Things may be winding down at the school here, but for some students there are big changes ahead. Kendra mentioned our upcoming graduation ceremony for this year's Kindergarten class. I can also report that as far as high school graduation goes, we have 3 definite graduates this year, and potentially as many as 10 others, pending the results of their English Departmental Exams. Lucky 13! For our school, this would most certainly be some sort of record. I've only been in Nunavut for 5 years and in this time, the largest graduating class I've dealt with personally was six. I really hope we get a big group this year. It would be a great accomplishment for such a small community.

2 comments:

Trudie said...

In reference to your post from yesterday - I hope those in power can make the connection between teachers with the right education for the job and high academic achievements among the students....

Way Way Up said...

Me too.