Thursday, May 29, 2008

Indecent Proposal

My laugh of the day without doubt comes as a result of this article on Nunavut's proposed Education Act. Specifically this little quote concerning Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. -

"Also unhappy are Inuit organizations such as Nunavut Tunngavik Inc., which maintains that bilingual education from Kindergarten to Grade 12 ought to be introduced by 2011, or "immediately," even if this means replacing qualified teachers with Inuit who lack formal credentials."

Great. I laughed so hard when I read that I fell off my chair and broke my arm. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go see my unqualified doctor.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised.

Way Way Up said...

It's all one giant comic opera to me......i like 1001 acts!

Mongoose said...

Wow, and here I thought I had drastic views on education!

Trudie said...

Incredible! Who are they going to blame once they realise the results of this ginormous mistake they're about to make?