Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dead Dog

I took another venture out to Dead Dog Lake this evening just to see what I could see. There was only a handful of people at Dead Dog but several more at the next lake a little further down.





A small auger.



The auger used to drill this hole had to have an extension put on it. I wasn't able to get a shot of the auger and its extension once it was hauled out of the hole. I can tell you that this hole was easily 8-10 feet deep. Lakes up here get some serious ice on them over a long winter.



I tried out a little fishing but predictably I didn't have very good luck. For the most part I went up to chat it up. My friend Sheba tried her luck. I think I may have jinxed her though.



This is the second lake I walked down to before taking a leisurely stroll back to town. If you click and enlarge this picture you'll get a better view of the people scattered around the lake.

0 comments: