Wednesday, April 30, 2008

World's Largest Ice Tennis Court



Admittedly, its not the best of pictures as I was fighting a lot of glare from the sun this morning. Sometime yesterday afternoon a large patch of bay ice was scraped clear of snow, creating a giant tennis court (or possibly a volleyball court), complete with net. I only noticed after work the other day as I happened to glance out during a staff meeting. Think of it as the North's version of a crop circle, perhaps. Actually, the spot was being cleared off in preparation for next week's events at the conclusion of the Nunavut Quest dog team race that is just now underway from Igloolik. It should be a fun week coming up.

(I still have to admit though, the little kid in me wants to run out there and climb that snow bank, dive off and take a flying, leaping slide across that ice patch!)

3 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I love the new header! And, you should go do that dive. Do it for the kid in all of us! Just make sure you take pics of it!

c'est moi said...

Nice new header and i like the winter portrait too; narry a shopping centre in sight!

Way Way Up said...

Thanks. I have to admit I was pretty happy with the way this photo turned out. Once in awhile I luck out and get a decent one.