Saturday, April 12, 2008

Um.....Alrighty Then

Thanks to my best bud Paul Watson and the vessel "Farley Mowat" for my laugh of the day. Really, that's the only thing I can think to say after having read this CBC story.

Never mind the fact that the captain was ordered not to interfere and refused repeated demands to stop, the poor ship was stormed by gun-toting RCMP. Well, horror of horrors!! Imagine that Paul! Law-enforcement officials carrying sidearms. It's shocking. Never in my wildest dreams could I fathom something like that.

And now, not only that, but the Canadian government, according to this cracker, has committed an act of war. Now, I'm not sure if Paul Watson means an act of war against the Farley Mowat or an act of war against the Netherlands, since it was a Dutch-registered ship. I'm really glad he's mentioned it though as it will likely take me several days to dig down through the permafrost here to prepare against a Dutch invasion. Thanks for the heads-up Paul, seriously. My God, we've run afoul of the Dutch!!! Seriously, this is horrible folks!!

Oh wait......Given that the Dutch army fought so briefly and so unpreparedly the last time they were involved in a major conflict though.........

Yeah I think I'll leave that trench digging for another afternoon and watch a playoff game instead.

Maybe they should just sink that stupid ship. I'm sure it would make a fantastic underwater habitat for sea creatures great and small.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So finally the government of the day has stood up to these morons and told it like it is.
thank you Mr.Hearn!!!

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&showbyline=True&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20080412%2fsealing_confront_080412


UnkleB

Megan said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Loved it!

Trudie said...

I blush when I write this, but apparently one of the people apprehended is from Sweden - or so says Swedish media....

Way Way Up said...

I'm not sure how good my little plastic shovel will be at digging a defensive line up here in the permafrost. Does anyone have a pneumatic diamond-tipped drill you could spot me?

Clare said...

I know that this is really aimed at the anti-sealing people and not the Dutch, but...

The Netherlands is one of the few NATO countries that is putting their soldiers in harms way in Afghanistan. They've lost 16 soldiers there, including just today the son of their armies Chief of Staff.

In addition their resistant fighters helped escaped and downed allied soldiers/airmen and aided them during the Second World War liberation of their country. They remain one of the most grateful countries in Europe to the sacrifices of Canadians during that conflict. The Dutch Royal Family, including the current Queen, Beatrix lived in Canada after they fled the Nazi's and continue to give Canada thousands of flower bulbs every year as part of their gratitude.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7354250.stm