Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting Out Of The House

I took advantage of today's nice weather to get out of the house and get some exercise. One thing I had been wanting to do for quite some time was to hike out past Uluksan Point for some pictures of The Cliffs. I walked down along the ice past the graveyard before deciding to take the road. When I first arrived here in Arctic Bay the road along the far side of the bay ended at the graveyard. Last Spring, I noticed that it was being extended out further toward the point. So after some huffing and puffing I decided to take the path of least resistance and follow the nice plowed road instead. Once past Uluksan, it was a tad windier than expected but it was pretty clear out which gave me a chance to get some decent pictures. I've been out to The Cliffs several times but this was my first trip out this school year. Although I have tons of photos of them with my old film camera, I had yet to get any shots with my digital. So........here you go.

St. George Society Cliffs, Arctic Bay, Nunavut.











1 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

The top couple of pictures look like a giant toblorone(sp) bar.