Sunday, April 27, 2008

Die Grosse Eisberg

With the warm weather and increasingly daylight I'm finding the outdoors very enticing. Perfect conditions to for a little skidooing. With this in mind I was out this afternoon with my housemate Monty, Petra, a fellow teacher from work, and Trudy, our new RCMP member. This iceberg is probably the largest I've seen so far, easily rivaling the ones I saw in Qikiqtarjuaq. It was just outside the bay in Adams Sound, the first large iceberg I've seen this close to shore at any rate.



The skidoo gives an idea of just how large this 'berg is.



Smile and wave Trudy!



King of the iceberg.



Again, the girls provide a sense of scale. The skidoos are actually sitting in a large gap in the iceberg where it split into almost two separate 'bergs. I'm pretty sure the two halves are joined together underneath all the sea ice though.



Trudy's disco pose.



Monty and Petra.



Oh, what a hard life I lead!



Just me trying not to hurt myself.



Living it up - Arctic Style!

1 comments:

Kennie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast out there!