Sunday, March 02, 2008

Swing Month

March is a big swing month here as we will get ever increasing amounts of daylight. At the moment the sun is up for just over 9 hours. By the end of the month, it will be up for about 14.5 hours. Daylight Savings Time is just around the corner too. Hard to believe. Yes I love March. We also get more inclement weather this time of the year it always seems as the increasing sun gives us more fog and cloud (just like today). But I take it all instride. After 5 years, I still find it stunning how quickly the days lengthen.

Today I find myself being a big sloth. I'm back into the classroom tomorrow after our Professional Development Week here. The sessions I had were very good (classroom management strategies and ESL strategies). Much of it was more applicable to junior or intermediate grades but I did pick up a few teaching ideas I look forward to trying out in the future. AND the information was helpful should I decide to take the plunge and get into administration in the future.

I also want to stick close to my laptop today as my sister down in Ontario has been feeding me updates on my nephew's play-off games. His team tied up their series yesterday with an overtime win and they play again later this afternoon. Cole should be eligible for the draft in 2014. I know he'd love to play for Ottawa, his favorite team, and given how crummy Ottawa's goalie situation has been of late, I'm sure they could use him. Good luck kiddo!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of us. Cole liked the part about the NHL draft - well we lost our game on sunday - Cole played amazing (and I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom) Can't win a game if you don't get any shots on net even if your goalie stands on his head. We are heading back to Dunnville on Saturday March 8th for game 4 at 2:10pm and then hopefully we will be back in town on Sunday for an afternoon game. I will keep you posted on how we make out.
Amber