Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday or Super Wednesday?

Ah...Super Tuesday. It was super because I had enough water in my water tank to enjoy a morning shower. It's also super because I can almost see the sun over the mountains. (Barring unexpected cloud, I anticipate seeing the sun here for the first time tomorrow which will definitely make it a Super Wednesday!)

Oh yeah there are Democratic and Republican presidential nominations today in 24 states. I haven't paid too much attention to the campaigning, although part of me thinks I should. I know Canada will be impacted in some way. (Sleeping with an elephant as Trudeau would say). But part of me too will be looking forward to Super Wednesday when this whole affair is finally over and I can have some peace of mind knowing I can turn on the television again without fear of being bombarded with more media hype.

I don't usually like to waste time and space commenting on American politics (especially when my good friends at FOX News just tell me what to think anyway), but in the end, I don't think it will make a big difference anyway. Most Americans I've met personally were nice enough people but it seems to me that the entire US of A has gone so far to the right in the last few years..........yikes. Anyhow, if I had the "privilege" of being and American and you twisted my arm, I'd have to say I'd support Obama for the Democrats and McCain for the Republicans. Obama seems to have the most charisma (a thin reason for voting for someone, I know) and also a refreshing air about him that I can't really put into words at the moment.

As for McCain, well, he seems like a nice guy. Certainly he's much less abrasive in his rhetoric even if I don't agree with all his views. He's really the only Republican candidate I feel any sense of respect for. He's also the only Republican candidate I'd consider inviting over for dinner. And I'm sure he wouldn't force me to pray first like Romney would. But hey, its not like my opinion really matters in the end. I'll watch the races with one eye open and keep the other eye on Super Wednesday.

0 comments: