Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Key Words

My blog's stat counter lets me know the search words people type into a browser before they come across my blog. My more technological readers already know this I"m sure, but for me it's a new (ish) discovery. Usually the search words aren't all that exciting. Someone out there somewhere seems pretty determined to discover who Jordin Tootoo's girlfriend is judging by how many times certain key words have popped up in my stat counter program. I'm surprised I still have those words pop up since the post I did on Tootoo's visit to Arctic Bay was way back last spring. Sometimes, I have to question the intelligence or motives of some of the search words people type in. I get pictures of 40-year-old men living in their parents' basements that kinda creep me out (shudder). So let's just leave it at that.

A couple of terms that have popped up more recently gave me a needed morning smile -

"Arctic Bay's most wanted" (!) - Yes, I really must be more discreet when I sneak around town at night.

and

"Joy of turning 35" - Ouch! I'm not quite there yet. Although I'm sure it's really not all that bad. I know I'll age gracefully (knock on wood).

In more practical news, the mercury was sitting at -42.6C when I got home from work today. I'd post up a picture to prove this but it's taking me waaaaay too long to get "exhibit A" posted so you'll just have to take my word for it. Forecasted lows for the next two nights are set at -43C...which is freakishly cool in a Darcy sort of way. At any rate, I'll try to get these pictures posted as soon as I'm able.

Taima.

0 comments: