Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hello Sun!



The sun finally rose high enough above the moutains to be seen from town here. This shot was taken from my classroom window during my lunch break around 12:15pm. At its zenith it looked to be about 2/3 over the horizon. The sun actually began to rise about a week ago (and stays up now for about 4 hours before setting) but we just weren't able to see it until today. We will now gain about 14 minutes of light a day until we reach 24-hour daylight on or about May 6.

As I mentioned in my last post, it was also super cold today. So this is what -46C looks like. I find it amusing that we have been waiting here for several weeks to see the sun and now that it has returned we are experiencing our coldest day of the year so far. I suppose that was the trade off.

Sigh.

Its so much easier to look at this picture from the comfort of my livingroom. I'll enjoy this picture because I darn near froze my hands taking it !

0 comments: