Saturday, January 12, 2008

Waiting for Sun

A pretty quiet weekend here. Now, that the sewage truck has made an appearance, giving us much-needed water, I've been bitten by the cleaning bug and spent some time tidying up. I had a feeling my little poem from the other day would do the trick.

The rest of the day was given over to music and a bit of summer planning. I have a rough idea of the areas I'd like to explore so I've been checking out hotels on-line and trying to memorize some basic Hungarian words and phrases. I'm glad I have a few months to do this. Its proving to be a bit more difficult than learning words in Czech.

We are all counting down the days until the sun comes back. After 4-5 years I should be used to it but I do find that I get a bit lethargic and irritable this time of year. My music tends to work wonders. Music really does soothe the savage beast. I had it in mind back in the fall to slowly work through my collection. For some reason, I came down with a dose of musical OCD. I'm fixated on Bach's harpsichord concertos but I could easily listen to them everyday for the rest of my life and not grow tired of them.


January sunset in Campbellford, Ontario.

0 comments: