Wednesday, November 14, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End......

I rarely take sick days. It's been awhile. I had a good little streak going but.....finally it came to an end today. I felt a bit queasy come lunch time so I decided to take the afternoon to recuperate at home. Nothing serious. I suspect the past month has just caught up with me as I've had a lot of things on the go with administrative duties and tournaments. I'm right as rain now but still.......grr...my streak of around 3 years without a sick day is in tatters. I suppose I am a bit of a workaholic (I've been accused of that in the past) which I attribute to the strong work ethic my parents instilled in me. I've reached the age though where health has become more important than silly records which I know mean nothing to no one other than myself. But hey, it was only a half day. For those of you keeping score, I think I'm now up to 4 full sick days spread out over 7 years. Its been about 3 and a half years since I took a full day off. That's got to count for something. :)

My principal offered to sub for me this afternoon since my afternoon classes tend to be quite small this time of year. This is the first time I've had a qualified sub in for me since my first year of teaching..........7 years ago.

I took a few short naps. Short is the important thing here. I was weary of falling into a deep sleep too early and messing up my circadian rhythm. The sun has been hidden by the mountains south of Adams Sound for the past few days and now I believe that as of yesterday the sun no longer rises. 24-hour "darkness" is now upon us. I use quotations here because even though the sun will remain below the horizon we will continue to get short stretches of usable outdoor light during the "day". Anyhow, I'm not sure where that little ramble came from.......perhaps as a result of not posting anything the past few days. Hmm....it is quite dark now so perhaps I should just clam up here and head to bed. No worries of sleeping in with my alarm clock. Yup....I'll do that.

0 comments: