Saturday, October 06, 2007

Grad Night

It was a super busy week around this school culminating in last night's graduation ceremony. It was a bit tricky organizing things this year because of all the new faces on staff but as always, it all worked out quite splendidly in the end. Inuujaq School had 4 graduates for 2007. This grad was special for me because unlike the two earlier ceremonies that have taken place in the time I've been here, this graduating class had students that I had taught one or two courses to. Northern students face extra challenges along the road to a high school diploma so we all celebrate their successes and wish them all the best in their futures. I have a few pictures from last night I hope to get up in the next few days. My computer was a being a bit fickle earlier today.

In a completely unrelated note, I learned last night about a very interesting visitor in town. Our mayor, who also works for First Air, told me last night that news anchor Dan Rather is here for a visit to do a story about the Northwest Passage.

0 comments: